With miles of rolling vineyards, dozens of farmers and fishermen, nationally-acclaimed artisans and trendy new restaurants, Santa Barbara County is growing into one of the nation’s top up-and-coming culinary destinations. But much about what makes this region so unique remains a well-kept secret; until now.
In partnership with Edible Santa Barbara and The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts, Bacara Resort & Spa is pleased to introduce the Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend at Bacara from June 6-8, 2014. Set within the luxurious surroundings of Bacara Resort, the three-day event will take guests on a culinary tour of Santa Barbara County from sea to Santa Ynez.
Highlights of the Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend at Bacara include:
· Opening reception featuring a special screening of Julia Child’s KITCHEN WISDOM
· Cooking classes with local artisans and top chefs
· Santa Maria style BBQ lunch and discussion with Frank Ostini of the famed Hitching Post II
· Expert panel discussion on the ins and outs of food and cookbook writing
· Grand dinner in Bacara’s 12,000-bottle wine room with pairings by Master Sommelier Brian McClintic
· Screening of Le Chef in the resort’s 211-seat movie theater paired with local dessert and wine tastings
· Neighborhood Tasting that explores Santa Barbara’s top up-and-coming food regions, including Los Alamos, Arts District and Funk Zone
At the heart of the weekend is a special tribute to Julia Child who spent her final years in Santa Barbara, a city she described as a “bit of heaven.” The weekend is inspired by Julia’s lifelong passion for learning, love of eating well and mission to further gastronomy. A portion of event proceeds will benefit The Julia Child Foundation.
“The Foundation is very proud of Julia’s and our connection to Santa Barbara. We can’t think of a better way to honor Julia’s legacy than a weekend celebrating the food and wine bounty around Santa Barbara. We are so pleased that Bacara has partnered with the Foundation to produce this most appetizing event.” – Todd Schulkin, Executive Director, The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts.
Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend ticket prices range from zero to $250. Bacara Resort is offering an overnight package that includes: two-night stay at Bacara Resort & Spa on June 6 and 7; two tickets to the opening night wine reception on June 6; two tickets to the Sunday neighborhood tasting on June 8, and valet parking. Prices start at $515 a night (normally $657 if purchased separately). Advanced reservations are recommended. Additionally, an “all access” event pass is available for $499.
For tickets or more information, please visit www.BacaraCulinaryWeekend.com.